To get the juices flowing, per se, we’re starting off our first official design contest this week with a CASH PRIZE of $149! We figured that a percentage of theme sales was pretty sweet, but hey, who doesn’t want immediate cash too?
THIS CONTEST WILL BE RUNNING FROM TODAY (JULY 30th) until AUGUST 10th. The 99designs contest will end sooner, but we will be taking submissions up until the 9th here on our blog.
I’m a Designer… How to I Enter?
Excellent question! All you have to do is check out our contest at 99designs (click here). We have compiled all of the information you need to know in that contest, but you will find it at the bottom of this post, too.
As you submit your design, we will grab a screenshot and display it in the voting post that will be created on Monday, August 3rd. Once the people are done voting on the best theme, we will then pay out the contest money, and you’ll have your design coded and sold to our customers!!!
So… What Are the Specs?
As seen on our 99designs contest:
THIS IS A DESIGN FOR A REAL ESTATE THEME
You may submit as many designs as you’d like to this contest. Each of your submissions will be placed on our site, and voted upon by our users.
We require that the designs you submit be made to our requested spec, and if you win, you submit the design in a well-organized .psd format.
Please pay very close attention to the actual design layout and specs:
– 960px TOTAL WIDTH***
– The design should feature a very attractive home page in a “magazine” type layout. Preferably, it should have a large image for a featured real estate listing and its details, and several small areas below the main image for other listings or recent posts.
Elements to Use on Design:
– Header (logo, updates via email, navigation bar, search)
– Main Content (featured listing with big photo, smaller elements such as recent blog posts, recent listings, popular links, etc.)
– Main Content additives ( twitter stream, social elements, about the realtor, etc.)
– Footer (keep it simple, just copyright info and links)
It’s up to you, but we recommend blue white and gray for the main color scheme. Look around the web for real estate sites for ideas. Think classy, yet modern, with a focus on the listings and branding for the real estate agent.
MAKE SURE THERE IS SOME REAL WOW FACTOR!
Please don’t hesitate to comment if you have questions!
Sounds Good. Anything Else?
It’s about that easy. Spend a day or two making a design, and potentially wind up with a $149 cash prize and thousands of dollars in your pocket for the year to come.
Who said being a freelance designer doesn’t pay off??
p.s. Just think if you won multiple contests in the weeks and months to come… we’re talking serious income…
Please don’t hesitate to comment or contact us if you have any questions or concerns before you get started!